Since posting about Potable Aqua's Electrolytic Purifier, and MSR's SE200, I've been futzing with my old MSR MiOx kit, casually at my desk. I'm finding surprisingly consistent results simply by using the updated protocol.-- pre-mixing the saline solution in a little container instead of relying on the salt chamber. I'm glad I didn't chuck the thing into the trash bin out of frustration years ago! If it continues to be reliable with my LiFePO cells, this just might become my go-to arrangement. My little chlorine dioxide factory...small, light, testable, nearly effortless, and scalable. I just need to plan for the disinfection time, which usually means that the whole group I'm hiking with drinks out of one or two bottles/bladders, while the other bottles/bladders are disinfecting the next batch of hydration.
And yes, I did promptly dump my freshly made batch of disinfectant on my keyboard right after posting this shot.