After being mobbed by a bunch of awesome kids in a small indigenous settlement in the high Andes in the Huarascan national reserve area, Peru, I got thinking how similar are the questions they had for us to those of kids from any other country - including my own.
This is what the Quechua village kids wanted to now:
- we have Facebook down there, in the village plaza. Do you have Facebook?
- what do you do when you travel and travel, and then you're suddenly hungry? What do you eat? Do you eat pancakes?
- is this your TV? (pointing at my GPS)
- where is Lithuania?
- why do you have an earring in your tongue? Did it hurt?
- who is the most famous football player in Lithuania? Does he know Messi?
- how old are you? Wow, that's very old.
- why are your eyes blue?
- when you travel round the whole world, will you remember us?