I am not a fan of the Vice President, however, he was quite impressive in hist first Q&A session with reporters since March: Biden took 15 questions over 30 minutes in his first press conference in 89 days.
A few of his noteworthy remarks:
• Biden says that his list of potential running mates includes women of color, Latino women and Asian women, and he is expecting to make his announcement in early August.
• Calling 2020 "the most unusual campaign in modern history," Joe Biden says he'd rather campaign in person, but will not be holding rallies: "I'm going to follow the doc's orders. Not just for me, but for the country."
• Joe Biden explains why he hasn’t gotten tested for coronavirus yet. He says he expects to get tested "relatively soon."
• Joe Biden on masks: “We absolutely need a clear message from the very top of the federal government that everyone needs to wear a mask in public. Period.”
• Joe Biden on monuments: "The idea of comparing whether or not George Washington owned slaves or Thomas Jefferson owned slaves and somebody who was in rebellion, committing treason, trying to take down a union to keep slavery -- I think there's a distinction there."
• Joe Biden used Trump's denials about intelligence on reported Russian bounties on American soldiers in Afghanistan to question the president's mental ability during a campaign appearance. "He doesn't seem to be cognitively aware of what's going on."
• Biden responds to speculation that he's facing a cognitive decline: "I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability to the cognitive capability of the man I am running against"
Source for all quotes